Well sadly the week has not ended that well. I have the dreaded cold that my hubby and kids have been putting up with and I am feeling very sorry for myself. I do hate colds they make you feel so awful but thankfully I get them very infrequently so I guess I should count myself lucky. But anyway before the dreaded lurgey set in I did manage to get some serious sewing done and I thought I would show you it here.
The top picture is from The Quilt Room found here and took me a day to do. I have the backing and wadding just need to finish it off now. The second picture is my own design called “Shattered” and will be a quilt for my eldest daughter and the bottom picture is a cushion that I made and was taken off me by my youngest daughter.
I have had a lovely week off work and feel like I have my mojo back a bit.
So I have finally managed to get some sewing done. I finished the Raspberry Ripple quilt that I started almost a year ago and it takes pride of place on my bed. Just to give you an idea of size my bed is a super king size bed so it is quite a big quilt
I finished this quilt with free motion meandering detail and I am really pleased at how it came out. I tried to machine sew the binding and not hand finish it with some varied results and think that in the future I may stick to hand finishing that final bit but I am very pleased with this quilt.
Today I have been practicing cathedral window quilt samples. This is deceivingly easy to do but getting the squares square and ironed accurately does make a difference so is a little fiddly to begin with. I also struggled to get the window pieces accurate so when you look close up there are a few gaps but….. this is a scrummy quilt that I will be making on a bigger scale in the near future.
I have a week off now with a few things that need to be attended to and hopefully an old friend for me to catch up with and also some considerable sewing.
I have finally managed to get all of the blocks together and the border to complete the quilt top.
I am actually quite angry with myself cos i made a really stupid mistake with following the pattern so the design is not as crisp as it should be. In a few places the lines don’t match up but this is my first attempt at a quilt this big with a complex pattern (well complex for me!)
Now all i have to do is buy the batting and backing and finish it off.
My latest creation is this love heart decoration. I hope to make quite a few of these and use them as part of my Christmas decorations. I have the idea of some kind of bunting design with the jute twine that I have bought. I have cut all the hearts out now just to put them together.
I am still sewing the blocks together for my Drunkards Path quilt as well but I find sewing the same thing over and over really boring so I have to do it in stages. Goodness only knows how long that will take me ha ha ha.
I am experimenting with quilting blocks and have decided to use the Snail Trail pattern. To get the best idea I need to show you how it can look so this photo is from Melody on Flickr. Isn’t it a gorgeous looking quilt. I sincerely hope mine looks at least halfway as good.
Other news. I have signed up for my Masters again and this starts tomorrow so just as I decide to get on with some sewing studying comes along again but anyway at least I can use it to keep me from getting stressed with exams and essays lol