So Savannah was watching an episode of Ben and Holly’s Magic Kingdom and Nanny Plum made a soup and yesterday Savannah decided she wanted to have it for tea today. Ingredients were potato, carrot, onion, peas and cheese. To say I was a little apprehensive was an understatement but trying to be a good mummy I bought the ingredients and googled ways to flavour soups without using stock. I made it this evening and OMG it was absolutely gorgeous. A couple of people have asked for the recipe so here is my Vegetable soup a la Ben and Holly.
3 small potatoes
2 large carrots
1 red onion
cup of peas
salt and pepper to taste
splash of soy sauce
cheese and garlic croutons
1) peel and cut up carrots and potatoes into approx 1 inch pieces and boil in a saucepan of hot water for 10 mins (large saucepan half full of water)
2) chop up the onion and fry it for a few mins to soften
3) tip away approx half of the water and return to the heat.
4) add the fried onion and peas to the saucepan with carrots and potatoes
5) bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins, add salt and pepper to taste and splash of soy sauce.
6) blend into a creamy soup, add handful of parmesan shavings and approx 50ml double cream to soup and mix in
7) serve with more parmesan cheese and crouton on to and crusty roll
Hope you enjoyed it, sorry it did not hang around long enough for me to take pictures. I will be making more for the winter to freeze, fab on this cold winter evenings after a walk on the beach.
PS Savannah didn’t like it!!!