So I have finally managed to get some sewing done. I finished the Raspberry Ripple quilt that I started almost a year ago and it takes pride of place on my bed. Just to give you an idea of size my bed is a super king size bed so it is quite a big quilt
I finished this quilt with free motion meandering detail and I am really pleased at how it came out. I tried to machine sew the binding and not hand finish it with some varied results and think that in the future I may stick to hand finishing that final bit but I am very pleased with this quilt.
Today I have been practicing cathedral window quilt samples. This is deceivingly easy to do but getting the squares square and ironed accurately does make a difference so is a little fiddly to begin with. I also struggled to get the window pieces accurate so when you look close up there are a few gaps but….. this is a scrummy quilt that I will be making on a bigger scale in the near future.
I have a week off now with a few things that need to be attended to and hopefully an old friend for me to catch up with and also some considerable sewing.